In addition to exhibiting at the FFA convention, as we have in previous years, Tim Wightman will present a teacher workshop at the 2015 National FFA Convention & Expo entitled “Feeding People, Not Corporations: Local Food and the Future of Agriculture”. Tim will talk about how the local food movement is keeping small and mid-sized farmers in business and strengthening local communities. He will discuss how and why this movement got started, where it is today, and why it is important to the future of agriculture.
- Enhancing Food Safety: The Power of Washing Fruits with Baking Soda or Vinegar
- Consumer Food Safety Practices: Raw Milk Consumption and Food Thermometer Use
- Testing the feasibility and safety of feeding preterm infants fresh mother’s own milk in the NICU: A pilot study
- We need to stop sanitizing everything and let bacteria back in our lives
- Recent Trends in Unpasteurized Fluid Milk Outbreaks, Legalization, and Consumption in the United States