In addition to exhibiting at the FFA convention, as we have in previous years, Tim Wightman will present a teacher workshop at the 2015 National FFA Convention & Expo entitled “Feeding People, Not Corporations: Local Food and the Future of Agriculture”. Tim will talk about how the local food movement is keeping small and mid-sized farmers in business and strengthening local communities. He will discuss how and why this movement got started, where it is today, and why it is important to the future of agriculture.
- Recent Trends in Unpasteurized Fluid Milk Outbreaks, Legalization, and Consumption in the United States
- Securing fresh food from fertile soil, challenges to the organic and raw milk movements
- We Know How To Make Farms More Sustainable, But We’re Not Doing It
- From our friends at the New Yorker – Freedom from Fries
- Article Comparing Industrial Agriculture to Organic Agriculture – Comments by Tim Wightman